Monday, August 4, 2014

Bleeding

You know what's disconcerting? Feeling like you have to have a bowel movement and only seeing blood…oh and even more disconcerting when that happens when you have no colon!

As I have stated before, I still have my rectum - how much of it I honestly don't know but it's just kind of sewn up and goes nowhere. I decided to keep it in case I want to connect my small intestine up to it and get rid of the ostomy bag. My doctors saw no problem with this as I have not previously ever had any Crohns issues there.

Yesterday I found myself back in the ER due to the bleeding and pain in my abdomen. I got another CT (which showed some areas flaring in my small intestine) but obviously the CT can't show anything in my rectum as nothing I ingest goes down there. I got bloodwork and a quick rectal exam which showed some inflammation. The doctor was not comfortable scoping as he had no idea how much rectum I have left. But I was told I need to get that done. If the Crohns is active there then… it's most likely coming out and then I am stuck with my bag for life.

All the while this is going on, I keep getting a pressure feeling down there, like I have to pass a bowel movement but, obviously, nothing would be coming out. All I keep getting is blood. Still tonight… blood. I hate the blood and the pain and no real solid answers.

I do have some other issues going on that are not helping. I have new cysts on my ovaries which could be causing part of this abdominal pain. The CT showed cysts on the right and Crohns stuff going on on the left which explains the pain on both sides of my abdomen. I really can't tell the difference, both pains feel the same to me.

I also have had a headache for 4 days now. Got that checked today and found that it's possible I have a sinus infection. I am not having any stuffiness so I didn't think I did but my doctor told me the Humira could be preventing that symptom so… he is treating me as though I have a sinus infection and if I am not doing better by Thursday then he will CT my head to see what's going on. I am hoping for a sinus infection. I tend to get those so that's probably all it is. Would love this headache to go away!

A for the Crohns stuff… I am seeing my local GI on Wednesday as he wants to see me before I go off to see a new GI at GW Hospital in DC. Someone, somewhere has to help me. The Humira doesn't seem to be doing it's thing. I am so tired of daily pain… of new issues cropping up. If I have to be stuck with the bag for the rest of my life then so be it. I just want to be out of pain so I'll do whatever I have to do to achieve that. If it's even possible to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment