Monday, April 14, 2014

A change of scenery is always good

I'm on a little mini break as we speak. It's late so my friend is in bed already but me… being the crazy night owl even though my kids still get up at the crack of dawn… I'm still awake.

Just being somewhere new and not spending so much time thinking about what's going on with me has been a relief of sorts. I wish this trip was longer but I have to get back for my next dumb-ass doctor appointment on Wednesday morning so we have to leave tomorrow.

I know there is a very large part of me that's still depressed about everything but I think I am hiding that part quite well on a daily basis. While some may think hiding it is not a good idea it works for me right now. I can't be that person. That sad, mopey, depressed person because I, on the whole, am not that way. I don't like being that way or feeling that way.

The change of scenery has been good because, for the first time since my procedures I have not cried once. Quite possibly this is because I have spent very little time alone and I try not to cry in front of anyone if I can help it at all. But quite possibly because I just needed to get out of my house and out of my daily routine.

Now I just need a weekend away without my kids. I love them dearly but that would be quite a relaxing break indeed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment