Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Friends

The past few days have really showed me how lucky I am to have the friends I have. I would never have met these people had I not moved to this town. The town I live in is smaller than anything I have ever been used to and I love it. In April we will have been here 2 years - wow, 2 years already?! And in those 2 years I have made some friendships that are gonna last forever I am sure. I have some friends who are 100% family to us now and lots of people who are terrific people I love to spend time with.

We've had meals brought to us, Donovan shuttled to and from school, the kids watched for us (sometimes at a moment's notice), friends who have given me some much needed girl time and an awesome friend who stayed with me in the ER and made the time go by fast - trying to distract me from the 6 painful needle sticks since no one could get a good IV line. It's amazing how people band together and help you get through tough times. At some point, when those people need something I'll be there for them too - and I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

Even friends I have who do not live here have reached out and supported me. I've gotten some lovely emails and real mail lately that is just an outpouring of love from people in my life that I don't see or talk to on a daily basis.

I am still in a bit of a funk but I can feel the cloud lifting a bit. I am still in pain and still have more doctor appointments (and a surgery) to go. I hope I can keep my butt out of the hospital until the reversal surgery in April but if not, I know there are a bunch of people here who have my back.

I am so very grateful for the friendships I have made here these past couple years. They know who they are and if they're reading this - thank you a million time over. I can never tell you how much you mean to me because there are really no words. I love you tons and can't imagine my life without your friendship.

I appreciate all the love, support, prayers, meals - everything. And my friends who are not close by - I miss you so much it hurts sometimes. Even if we don't talk as much as I like, I think of you often and miss you like crazy.

OK - no more sappy shit. For now at least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment