Monday, March 17, 2014

Curious

So a while back, when I wasn't feeling particularly well, my very close friend sent me a prayer she had said for me that day. I saved it (and another thing she said right after) to my computer. I read it on days I feel sick, sad, annoyed with life, whatever. It honestly makes me feel better. I read it when I think I am a burden to her or anyone else in my life, and it reminds me that I am not. That the people who truly love me and care about me don't want to see me sick or in pain and they really do want to help. It doesn't stop me from feeling the things I feel but reading it does help. It has helped me on days when I have been in a dark place and does help bring me out of a funk.

I've been thinking that this probably means something. I've been slowly becoming more curious about prayer, the bible, God…. all of it. Still not sure what's right for me or what I even really believe but… I am definitely more curious. If reading a prayer over and over helps me feel better then, what does that mean? Is it simply because someone I care a lot about wrote/said it for me or what? I'm really not sure. I have a lot of questions and am still a little wary of church but yeah… I'm curious a bit.

Being brought up Catholic and going to church every Sunday for years and years I feel like I should know more but I don't. I don't know if I ignored it, forgot it, blocked it out…. but I have a lot of questions. Hopefully I don't come across as stupid or ignorant when I ask any of the questions I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment