Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Things happen for a reason?

I think things happen for a reason. I am still trying to figure out if things just randomly happen for a reason or if there is some divine intervention taking place but whatever the reason, or cause, or whatever, I do really believe this. I think that every choice I have made in my life, good and bad, has made me the person I am today. I like to think that I am a good person. I care about others (sometimes too much even? I don't know), I try to put others first, treat people how I'd like to be treated. I don't lie, cheat, steal… but I really believe that even the bad things (and there has been some bad) have shaped me. I've learned from everything that's happened to me.

I am not perfect, no one is. I still learn from my choices, my decisions, my relationships… but I do think that everything happens for a reason. I think people come into our lives when we need them. Some stay, some don't, but I am not sure it's a coincidence that some people become parts of our lives. At least not every time. We've lived in our town now for almost two years. I've met many people in my two years here and some who I do think have come at a time when I've really needed them. There are people I've met that I was sure would be close friends (and now aren't really), some who I've met and never would have thought would be a close friend and now are very close to me. Each one of these people have brought something into my life that I've maybe needed.

In this town it seems I've made two very close friends, the type of friends you call family. One is gone from town for a while and I miss her terribly. What I find so interesting is since she left, another friendship has gotten closer. Coincidence? Probably not. I didn't seek out another friendship, it just kind of happened. I feel lucky to have these people in my life, as well as the other friends I have made here.

I don't make close friends easy. The kind of close friends you can tell anything to, at any time. The kind you hope would share things with you as easily as you do with them. While I am pretty much an open book about a lot of things, the hard stuff…. well, that's not easy to share. I can write it and post it… but that's totally different.

Well, I went way off track there. Anyways…. a times I miss my grandma. When she was alive we talked a lot. When I moved away I would call her at "tea time" and we would sip our tea and chat on the phone. It became a kind of ritual for us. For whatever reason, lately, I've been missing her a lot. I don't know if it's all the health issues or just wanting to talk to her but it's been hard. Today, Donovan (my 4 year old) came downstairs to tell me that "big Iris" told him to come down and tell me that she loves me. I have no idea if she really visits him (although I do like that thought) but he told me that at the exact right time today. Maybe he just hears me talk about her (although I don't often) or whatever but I believe there was a reason for that. I was missing her a lot right when he came down and told me what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment